If you are a business owner then you probably already know what SlideShare is. How do we know that? We know that because Comscore says that business executives are 5 times more likely to visit SlideShare than any other social media site.
Wrap your brain around these numbers. SlideShare receives 60 million unique visits each month. They rack up over 130 million page views each month. Not surprisingly they are ranked among the 200 most visited websites in the world.
Why Is SlideShare Getting This Kind Of Attention & What Does It Mean For Your Business?
On the off chance that you are unfamiliar with SlideShare here are the basics:
- SlideShare marketing is a paid service that enables users to create killer presentations and have them entered into the searchable SlideShare database.
- While the platform has a definite slant to B2B (they are owned by LinkedIn.com after all) it is being used more and more for brand building and consumer “how-to” presentations.
- It has a great feature for capturing leads and encouraging the viewer to contact the presentation owner.
So that’s SlideShare in a nutshell now let’s talk about where their traffic is coming from.
There’s this company named Google that makes the NSA look like a bunch of Peeping Toms. Google keeps an eye on our every move on the internet and what it is finding is that content that has a visual element is exceptionally popular. People like to consume visual information.
Remember when YouTube videos began showing up on Google? Then came a separate return dedicated to images relating to the search query. Presentations are mostly visual in nature and it’s no surprise that SlideShare presentations are now showing up on page one particularly for longtail keyword phrases.
So Google search is where a chunk of the traffic is coming from but by no means all of it.
SlideShare Is A Healthy Addition To Your Content Marketing Strategy
There are many features that recommend SlideShare to a busy business owner. Here in no particular order of importance are a few:
- SlideShare does not suck time from you every day like other social media platforms. You create the presentation, post it to SlideShare and distribute it to other platforms and that’s it. You’re not carrying on continual conversations with your audience. Leads generated can be synched with automated sales software or you can just export the data and deal with it like you would any other lead.
- The presentation can be embedded on other social media platforms just like a YouTube video. That means your message will be on Facebook, Twitter, your own website and even LinkedIn and that gives you a way to differentiate yourself from the competition’s typical posts.
- You can repurpose content you already have. A presentation is principally visual with short, compelling text. You can take an old white paper and give it new life by turning it into a presentation.
- Obviously you can use the presentation as a…presentation in face to face meetings with clients and prospects.
The list of advantages goes on but keep in mind you are going to routinely need some kick butt images and a talented writer to make this work. If you don’t have that talent on board you’ll have to outsource it so consider that cost when calculating ROI. If you have any questions about SlideShare marketing services don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to share our thoughts.
Want to embed this infographic on your website?